The fourth day of gamescom 2020 was dedicated to gamescom: Best Of Show.
From 25.-27.08.2021 it was finally time again for games, news and goodies!
The world’s biggest gaming trade fair entered its 13th edition - this year again purely digital. gamescom 2021 is officially over, but you can still stream all content on demand on gamescom now until 30.09.2021! Take a look and celebrate the gaming culture with us!
The fourth and final day of gamescom 2020 was dominated by the big closing show gamescom: Best Of Show.
The centrepiece there was once again the presentation of further gamescom awards. These included the "Best Streamer" award, voted for by the community and won by Erik "Gronkh" Range, and the "gamescom "Most Wanted" Consumer Award", which went to Cyberpunk 2077 by CD Projekt Red. The "HEART OF GAMING Award" again went to Super Crowd Entertainment's "Indie Arena Booth", which was presented online this year.
Cosplay at it’s best
Before the gamescom: Best Of Show, however, the community dominated, in a variety of elaborately self-produced robes.
During the cosplay contest presented by HYDRAFORGE, the costumes of the 30 finalists were thoroughly examined by the IGN hosts.
In the end, five cosplayers were awarded in the categories "Best Costume", "Best Built" and "Best Dress". In detail it looked like this:
- 1st place Best Costume: "Oshley Cosplay" - as Queen Anduin Wrynn from World of Warcraft, from Switzerland
- 2nd place Best Costume: "Raheega Cosplay" - as Valkyrie Kara from God of War 4, from Switzerland
- 3rd place Best Costume: "Piece of Cake Cosplay" - as Grey Warden from Dragon Age, from Italy
- Best Built: "Margaret Cosplay" - as Darth Maladi (fanart) from the Star Wars Universe/ the Star Wars Legacy Comics, from Poland
- Best Dress: "Wrightbeatcosplay" - as Maria from Assassins Creed Film, from Russia
eSport-Finales en masse
What began before gamescom 2020 came to a brilliant end for three regions of the world on the fourth and final day of gamescom 2020 in the game Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
The finals of ESL One Cologne 2020 were held in Europe, Asia and Oceania on Sunday.
In Europe Heroic beat the opponents of Team Vitality. In Asia, TYLOO prevailed against their opponents from ViCi Gaming. In Oceania, the Renegades team dominated the players of Avant Gaming.
The ESL pre-season tournament for RTS newcomer Iron Harvest was also held on the last day of gamescom 2020, with the player WellplayedTV confidently prevailing over XyRON.